RIFCON GmbH is a leading independent contract research institution specialized in risk assessment and registration of plant protection products. We are a highly motivated team of competent scientists, working in areas ranging from exposure assessments to standard and higher tier risk assessments or field studies. As a constantly growing enterprise, we are always looking for motivated scientists to support our team.
Currently open positions
RIFCON GmbH is an independent scientific consulting company with its head office in Hirschberg near Mannheim. In total 160 scientific experts of agronomy, chemistry, biology and other sciences provide advice to businesses in the agro-industry concerning all questions of EU-registration, GLP-field studies, toxicity modeling, species monitoring and sustainability assessment.
We pride ourselves in offering high quality services in full compliance with new developments in legislation, science, product registration and field methods. Our scientists and technicians are dedicated to achieving the highest level of quality and efficiency with a view to guarantee professional and cost-effective solutions.
Concerning sustainability assessment RIFCON develops life cycle assessment agricultural models, conducts socio-economic LCA studies and creates tools to facilitate the communication of sustainability related topics.
We are currently looking for a full-time sustainability assessment expert.
Your Tasks and responsibilities
The candidate will be involved in various aspects of quantitative sustainability assessment, mainly in the field of agriculture, food production and packaging.
- Calculation of quantitative, socio-economic Life Cycle Assessment studies of mainly agricultural and food production systems, including data collection, data validation and preparation of scientific reports and communication material.
- Development and maintenance of life cycle assessment models of agricultural and food production systems
- Technical implementation of interactive, educational sustainability simulators, tools and games, based on life cycle assessment study results.
- Presentation of sustainability studies and interactive tools on workshops, client meetings, customer events and conferences.
- Offering technical and specialist advice in all aspects of sustainability in direct contact to our clients.
- Scientific background (either environmental science, geo-ecology, geography, agronomy, agricultural science, biology, earth science, or similar discipline) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a sustainability role within a consulting or industrial environment.
- Expert knowledge of state of the art LCA methodologies for modeling agricultural and food production systems
- High level of experience of Life Cycle Assessment (ISO 14040)
- Profound modeling experience using GaBi LCA or similar software
- Knowledge of agricultural, food production and packaging systems
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team
- Good problem solving and learning skills
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Attractive working environment including indefinite contract and multifaceted tasks
- To work as part of a knowledgeable and dedicated international team of experts
- The possibility of professional development and occupational education
- An option to widen your personal network in the areas of industry, science, agriculture and sustainability
RIFCON GmbH – Niederlassung Hirschberg – Goldbeckstr. 13 – 69493 Hirschberg