RIFCON GmbH is a leading independent contract research institution specialized in risk assessment and registration of plant protection products. We are a highly motivated team of competent scientists, working in areas ranging from exposure assessments to standard and higher tier risk assessments or field studies. As a constantly growing enterprise, we are always looking for motivated scientists to support our team.
Currently open positions
RIFCON GmbH is an independent scientific consulting company offering a competent and adaptable service portfolio for the registration of agrochemicals, biocides and biopesticides. Our services range from complete EU registration packages to sophisticated GLP field studies and various combinations of these two elements.
We pride ourselves in offering high quality services, in full compliance with new developments in legislation, science, product registration and field methods. We continuously strive to develop higher tier field options for registration procedures. Our scientists and technicians are dedicated to achieving the highest level of quality and efficiency with a view to guarantee professional and cost-effective solutions.
We are looking for an Ecological Modeller / Ecological Modelling Expert to complement our “Population Modelling and Statistics” team. Your tasks will include the application of ecological models in the context of risk assessment, analyses and reporting of the results, as well as involvement in the further development of our models.
- Background in natural science, e.g. biology, geoecology, environmental science, applied system science or equivalent
- Experience in the application of simulation models in an ecological or environmental context
- Experience in R or a similar scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of a high-level programming language (e.g. C/C++, Java) is advantageous
- Experience in applied statistics is advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Working in a self-organised and team-oriented way
- Attractive working environment including permanent contract and multifaceted tasks
- To work as part of knowledgeable and dedicated international team of scientists and staff
- The possibility of professional development and occupational education
- An option to widen your personal network in the area of industry, science and regulatory authorities
RIFCON GmbH – Niederlassung Hirschberg – Goldbeckstr. 13 – 69493 Hirschberg