Effect Modelling Workshop 2019
21 February, 9 a.m. – 22 February, 5 p.m.
Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg
Bergheimer Straße 63
This workshop aims to provide participants with knowledge on the basics of modelling as a tool in the context of environmental risk assessments of pesticides, as well as hands-on experience in model application via targeted exercises.
- The modelling cycle will be explained together with the essentials of good modelling practice in current pesticide risk assessments.
- A comprehensive overview on different types of models will be presented.
- The organism-level modelling will focus on toxicokinetic/toxicodynamic (TK/TD) modelling, mainly for survival estimates (GUTS).
- The population-level modelling will focus on spatially explicit individual-based models, mainly for weight-of-evidence approaches.
- A more detailed description will be presented for a set of models which will be elaborated with hands-on exercises.
- The participants will use the models made available to them to address risk assessment questions.
A detailed program will be sent to the participants before the workshop.
Workshop Registration fee (including lunch and coffee breaks on both days):
- Standard fee: 950 €
- "Early bird" fee: 850 € until December 21, 2018
Accommodation at Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg for workshop participants: 119 € per night (including breakfast)
Please note: The workshop is in the process of getting listed among the courses which can be used to qualify for the SETAC Certification of Environmental Risk Assessors (see details of this new program at https://certification.setac.org/).
Wildlife Workshop 2017 on Birds and Mammals
Wildlife Workshop 2016 on Birds and Mammals